Systemic Proteolytic Enzymes: What works, What Doesn't and Why
Proteolytic enzyme supplements, or systemic enzymes, work to clean out the blood, optimize blood flow, control inflammation throughout the body, as well as repair and rebuild the cardiovascular system.
We mentioned that systemic, proteolytic enzymes also work to clean out the blood, but through entirely different pathways and mechanisms…and to entirely different end results. Although they may have some cancer protective benefits--and there are indeed cancer therapies based on proteolytic enzymes, not to mention a number of studies that support those therapies--the primary benefits we're looking for when taking systemic, proteolytic enzymes center around their ability to:
- Control inflammation throughout the body, not just in your joints
- Repair and rebuild the cardiovascular system
- Optimize blood flow
- Prevent and dissolve blood clots
- Dissolve plaque in your arteries and dental plaque in your mouth
- Clean up your immune system
- Minimize the impact of allergies
- Improve the ability to exercise and speed up recovery times
And all of these benefits stem from one simple ability: proteolytic enzymes facilitate the breakdown of rogue proteins in your bloodstream and in the soft tissues of your body.
In the below video, we're going to take a look at exactly what systemic, proteolytic enzymes are, what they do, how they do it, and what the ideal proteolytic formula looks like.